2nd WOMEN’S AMATEUR NET CHAMPIONSHIP
MONDAY – TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9 – 10, 2020
2521 Arroyo Drive
Riverside, CA 92506
POLICIES, PROCEDURES, & GUIDELINES:
- All players will compete in a 36-hole, net stroke-play championship (18 holes each day).
- The championship field will be divided evenly into two flights based on each player’s Handicap Index as of November 2.
- Arroyo Flight: 12.2 and below
- Mission Flight: 12.3 and above
- During the championship, players will use their Handicap Index (as of November 2) and will receive 95% of their Course Handicap (unless otherwise noted by the SCGA).
- Awards will be given to those who finish in 1st through 5th place in each flight.
- All ties at the championship will be broken using the USGA suggested method of matching scorecards (Committee Procedures: Section 5A (6)).
ARROYO FLIGHT will play from the RED tee markers and yardages. Course Rating: 74.3 / Slope: 131 / Approx. 5,788 yards / Par: 72.
MISSION FLIGHT will play will be from the GOLD tee markers and yardages. Course Rating: 70.4/ Slope: 120 / Approx. 5,139 yards / Par: 72.
Registration will begin at 6:30 a.m. at the SCGA tent near the clubhouse.
STARTING TIMES AND PAIRINGS:
- Starting times and pairings will be e-mailed to players and posted on scga.org one week in advance of the championship.
- Starting times will range from 8 a.m. to approximately 10 a.m.
- Players are encouraged to arrive at their assigned tee well in advance of their starting time, as the SCGA starter will have information to discuss with each player in the group. Furthermore, players arriving late will be penalized under Rule 5.3a of the Rules of Golf. For example, the 9:00 a.m. starting time is defined as 9:00:00, and players arriving after that time are considered late. Lead groups should plan to be at their assigned tee 10 minutes in advance of their starting time. Subsequent groups are encouraged to arrive once the preceding group has teed off.
- Materials such as tees, pencils, and hole location sheets will not be distributed until further notice. Refer to the SCGA COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions for further instructions.
- Players may arrange a practice round at their own expense.
- Practice rounds may be played on Tuesday’s, Wednesday’s, and Thursday’s at any time after 10 a.m. and Saturday’s after 12 p.m. at a rate of $65 (cart included).
- Call the pro shop at 951-783-3553 to schedule a practice round.
- The driving range will be available at 7 a.m. on each day of the championship.
- Range balls will be available on the driving range, compliments of Victoria Club and the SCGA.
- Players should arrive on site no earlier than one hour prior to their starting time and must limit driving range usage to 15 minutes.
FOOD SERVICE AND PURCHASES:
- The restaurant and snack bar (located by the 10th tee) will be available by 7 a.m.
- Lunch will be provided for all participants on Monday only.
RULES OF PLAY:
- Players must familiarize themselves with the SCGA’s COVID-19 Guidelines for Competitions.
- The Rules of Golf as approved by the USGA and The R&A govern play.
- Local Rules and Terms of the Competition can be found on the SCGA Hard Card and the Notice to Players that will be emailed to players the day prior to the qualifier.
- Click here to review the SCGA Pace of Play Policy.
AUTOMOTIVE TRANSPORTATION / PULL CARTS & PUSH CARTS:
- Automotive transportation is optional at the player’s expense ($20 for a single-rider cart).
- Players who are capable and willing to walk should do so.
- Given single-rider cart restrictions due to COVID-19, each pairing group may be issued two golf carts and place all the golf bags on the carts. However, only one player may drive each cart throughout the round. Players may NOT alternate riding during the same round.
- Pull or push carts are permitted.
CADDIES & SPECTATORS:
- Caddies are prohibited until further notice.
- Spectators are permitted but are not allowed in carts. Spectators must adhere to all policies set forth by the club and must always maintain social distancing.
- Players must be properly attired in golf shirts, slacks, golf shorts/skorts and soft spike shoes.
- Shirts must be tucked in and hats must be worn forward.
- Jeans (any color or any kind), T-shirts, and tank tops are prohibited.
- To withdraw for any reason prior to the start of a SCGA competition, a player must notify the SCGA Championships & Golf Operations Department at email@example.com or (818) 980-3630.
- If a player needs to withdraw on the morning of the competition, notify the SCGA staff person through the golf shop staff at the host venue.
- Failure to notify the SCGA will subject the player to suspension from future SCGA competitions.
- Refund Policy:
- Cancelation prior to the entry closing date: Full refund less a $10 administrative fee.
- Cancelation after the entry closing date and more than 48 hours prior to the start of the competition: 50% of the entry fee.
- Cancelation within 48 hours of the start of the competition: No refund.
For a complete listing of SCGA competition policies, click here.